The city of Aurora, Ohio is a beautiful suburban area in northeast Ohio that is less than 45 minutes from Cleveland. With about 15,000 people living in the area, and more than 4,000 families, we have a close-knit community that supports all of its residents with a variety of services.
Community Resources in Aurora, OH
- Schools. The Aurora City School District has five schools, mostly in a campus setting, with around 3,000 students enrolled. Cleveland Magazine rates the district #10 out of 77 Northeast Ohio communities.
- Housing. There is ample housing in the Aurora, OH, area, including one, two, and three-bedroom townhomes with open floor plans, as well as new single-home housing plans that offer every amenity for families.
- Shopping and Restaurants. From outlets with hundreds of stores, to small shops that carry local goods, Aurora has something for everyone. Our local eateries have a variety of delicious foods and baked goods so come in and stay awhile!
- Parks and Recreation. Aurora has several parks that are great for families, a nature center, recreational sports leagues, and exercise and craft classes for both kids and adults, plus plenty of opportunities to attend community events. We also have best outdoor waterpark in northeast Ohio Wildwater Kingdom, which has water slides, a wave pool, lazy river, and special areas just for kids. Aurora also boasts a theater and library.
- Pet Services. Aurora has several pet-related services in the community, including kennels, and the Animal Medical Center of Streetsboro, which is a full-service animal hospital with two veterinarians on staff.
- Great Location. Aurora is only about 45 minutes from Cleveland, which has world-class entertainment and events. In the summer, everyone enjoys the banks of Lake Erie. You can catch the Cleveland Indians, Cavaliers, or Browns, visit the West Side Market, enjoy the Cleveland Aquarium, or have fun at the zoo. And don’t miss the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame it has hundreds of interactive music exhibits that teens and adults both enjoy.
Aurora, Ohio has many community resources, is in a convenient location, and is a great place to raise a family. Whether you live here or are coming for a visit, we hope that you enjoy your stay in northeast Ohio.