Full-spectrum CBD is a popular solution for pet owners to help relieve the symptoms caused by a variety of health issues. Whole hemp extract comes from the marijuana plant, which contains 80 different cannabinoids. These different types of cannabinoids include THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is the psychoactive component, and the CBD (cannabidiol), which is the medical component used in CBD oil.
How Does Whole Hemp Extract Work?
Whole hemp extract is safe for your dog and does not contain the psychoactive compound THC. This extract works to relieve pain and symptoms of other health conditions when it reacts with a series of receptors in the body called the endocannabinoid system that is found in both humans and most animals.
The endocannabinoid system helps the body maintain balance in relaxation, resistance to disease, and reduction of inflammation. The cannabinoids interact with the receptors in your dog’s body to help curb issues such as pain, nausea, and anxiety.
Unlike traditional pain medications, full-spectrum CBD will not damage the liver, GI tract, or kidneys.
How Can Full Spectrum CBD Help Your Dog?
Whole hemp extract can be used to treat conditions such as occasional discomfort, arthritis, anxiety, back pain, gastrointestinal issues, and more. Other ways cannabis can help improve your dog’s health include:
- Enhancing their liver and kidney functions
- Promoting their resistance to diseases such as cancer
- Supporting your dog’s connective tissue health
- Promoting better coronary circulation
- Supporting healthy digestion for less gastrointestinal issues and increased appetite
- Supporting a healthy inflammatory response to better protect against damaged cells, irritants, or pathogens
- Supporting your dog’s central nervous system
- Supporting your dog’s normal brain and nerve function
- Supporting healthy cellular activity in your dog’s body
- Supporting your dog’s performance and endurance
How Do I Give My Dog Whole Hemp Extract?
There are some topical treatments that can be applied directly to your pet’s afflicted areas, but in most cases, full-spectrum CBD will be given to your dog orally. It is essential to give your pet the proper dosage to provide them with the positive benefits of the medication.
Interested in Full-Spectrum CBD for Your Dog? Consult with Your Veterinarian Today.
Before you purchase full-spectrum CBD and begin giving it to your dog, it is essential to consult with your veterinarian at Animal Medical Center of Streetsboro to ensure full-spectrum CBD is right for your pet. Contact us today with any questions or to schedule an appointment.