The Animal Medical Center of Streetsboro provides care for your kittens and cats. We’re a full-service animal hospital that offers a variety of veterinary care to improve both your pet’s life and health. Dr. Scott Leffler and his staff of veterinarians, vet assistants, and groomers provide both basic and advanced animal care.
Basic and Preventative Veterinary Care
· Grooming: Cats groom themselves; it’s a part of their behavior. However, we suggest that you can set up an appointment with our office for a grooming session every six months. Our groomers can brush your cat’s fur and check the fur, skin, and paws. We will also clip your cat’s nails and express the anal glands.
· Dental Care: Cats are disposed to many of the same dental problems as are dogs. They can also get periodontal disease, which, if left untreated, can lead to losing teeth. Our office cleans your cat’s teeth, extract teeth, take x-rays, and perform other oral surgery.
· Spay and Neuter. We neuter male cats and spay female cats while under anesthesia. Neutering a male cat will also lessen his instinct to roam and fight, opening them up to catching diseases or parasites.
· Tests. Our tests for include electrocardiogram, hematology, blood chemistry, urinalysis, and stool sample checks. Additionally, we test for feline leukemia, feline immunodeficiency virus, feline herpes virus, allergies, and arthritis for your cat.
· Routine Vaccines. We vaccinate for feline leukemia virus, Calici virus, rabies, and panleukopenia, plus other vaccines for your cat that will be determined by Dr. Leffler.
Advanced Veterinary Care for Cats
Animal Medical Center of Streetsboro also performs more complex services to keep your cat healthy.
· Laser Surgery. Laser surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that’s used to treat upper and lower GI tract problems, as well as bladder and prostate issues. It reduces the amount of bleeding your cat experiences during surgery while lessening swelling and pain.
· Laser Therapy. Laser therapy is a newer technology that can treat your cat’s wound aftercare, skin problems, and incisions following surgery. It reduces pain, inflammation, and bleeding by accelerating the body’s natural healing processes.
· Advanced Anesthetic Patient Monitoring. If your cat is put under general anesthesia, we will closely monitor his heart rate, blood pressure, and respiratory rate.
· Ultrasound. An ultrasound is used for more than pregnancies. It’s a valuable tool that we use to identify and treat feline conditions. It’s a painless, safe exam that we use often.
Your cat’s health and care is very important to us. The Animal Medical Center of Streetsboro is available for grooming, basic, preventive, and specialized feline care. Make an appointment with us today—we’d love to meet you!